Wednesday 5 February 2014

NLP through stories - Story 44


A stag while drinking water saw his own reflection and mused," What splendid horns I have! So sturdy, yet so graceful; these would certainly save my life's combats. But my legs... how spindly and thin they look! It's a wonder they are able to carry my weight."
 At that time some huntsmen with a pack of hounds appeared and the stag started running for life.
So long as the plain was free of trees he kept running giving a good distance ahead; his legs carried him ahead.
But when he came to woody place his horns got entangled in the overhead branches, and unable to move further he was caught.
In the last moment he thought, " How foolish I was; things that I doubted & despised saved me, while those which I trusted and admired have brought  about my end."

Well,  all that glitters is not gold; appearance is deceptive, .... whatever interpretation.. one can give for this story.

According NLP everything is useful in its context; 
each must be evaluated in its context
NLP advocates non-judgemental approach;
'nothing to compare, nothing to compete'
Get to know the context of any behavior or communication and 
understand the best intention though you may not approve the behavior apparently. 
Every thing is context specific; 
it is the context that decides the appropriateness or inappropriateness.  

2 comments:

  1. The story manifests that every God's creation has a purpose. It is our perception that will determine the utility of each creation; big or small. If we have faith in God, we shall be able to apply our mind & be able to identify & utilize each creation productively; with reference to the context.

    ReplyDelete