Saturday 7 December 2013

NLP through stories - Story 19

A woodcarver called Ching had finished work on a bell frame. Everyone who saw it marvelled at the work for it looked like a master piece.
The wood carver replied," I am only simple workman. I am no genius.
But what I do is when I want to make a bell frame I first meditate to calm my mind. When I meditate for 3 days I dont think of rewards or punishment.
when I meditate for 7 days I forget myself; only my skill remains. 

In that state I will walk into the forest, stop at the tree that will give me the best frame; I see the bell frame in all its perfection.
Then my hands go to the task; having set myself aside, nature meets nature that is performed through me.
This no doubt is the reason why everyone says that the finished product is the work of spirits"


This is what we say as  being in a state of flow where thinking without thinking takes place.
A parallel to this story happened in the life of Swami Vivekananda; when he was in American wandering in the streets prior to Parliament of Religion meet in Chicago, he happened to see a boy struggling to shoot with his gun the target; Swami asked if he could try his hand; the boy agreed; Swami aimed & exactly hit the bull's eye. The boy was amazed and asked if Swami was an expert shooter. Swami said it was the first he touched a gun; and Swami said, ''My boy, I did not simply aim at the target; I became the target and so as a matter of fact shooting became a flawless act.''

This is something may be hard to believe for those who are analytically inclined and logically questioning every act. 
It is more of being to becoming.
This calls for a state of mind which is still and calm. 
This is possible if one can 'hasten slowly' 
It is posssible with whole mind approach; a correct combination of right & left brain.
NLP has a number of tools to trigger your whole brain and have a resourceful state of mind for best result.
FLOW is sure.
www.vrnlp.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment