Sunday 8 December 2013

NLP through stories - Story 20

A man approached a Zen master & requested him to be accepted as Guru.
Master refused. The man insisted on the ground that he was already trained by various masters. He said he had come for furthering his knowledge.


Zen master replied he was not the right guru for him. Still the man insisted.

The Guru then said," Ok now go to the next room; take the bucket there; and draw water from the well."

The man felt insulted initially, "I have come for knowledge; he gives this menial job for me ?" with  this thinking he took the bucket; to his shock he found the bucket had no base.

He rushed to the master," Master, the bucket has no base; how can I draw water?" he questioned with impatience & irritation.

Master said in a measured tone," That's why I said I cant be your guru. If you want to learn from me, you need to have trust & humility. If you keep on evaluating what I tell you, learning cannot take place." 

Moral of the story is very simple & evident. One needs to have absolute trust in the process to attain an outcome; meddling with doubt & disbelief in the middle is counter productive.
When it comes to learning & benefiting from NLP one must have absolute trust in the process;
I would say surrender to the process only then you can gain from NLP.

NLP means Never Lose Patience.
www.vrnlp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment